Termination of pregnancy occurs when the couple or the lady does not wish to continue the pregnancy and requests a termination on social grounds, due to contraception failure, or because the foetus is unhealthy.
Pregnancy termination is legal in India only up to 20 weeks and not beyond.
A gynecological opinion and input are critical for safe pregnancy termination to protect the woman's health and avoid complications in a subsequent pregnancy. Please do not go to a quack for this procedure because it could endanger your life.
Budget Fertility Centre is the safest abortion centre in Mumbai. Our team comprises well-qualified and experienced gynecologists in Mumbai who guarantees the safest abortion possible.
We believe in comprehensive care and take a complete history and understand your lifestyle and other risks to provide you with the safest alternative. Remember, termination has risks that must be managed by a trained professional with the necessary expertise.
We will discuss the types of abortion, procedures, costs, and more in this article. Scroll down to learn more.
Now, let’s know,
Types of Abortion
There are two methods of termination: medical and surgical. Our expert gynecologists in Mumbai may explain both the methods, the risks and benefits, the pros and cons, and the actual procedure.
1. Medical abortion:
- It is a non-surgical abortion method in which drugs are used to start the abortion process. This non-invasive abortion technique should only be used for early-stage abortions, as early as six weeks of gestation.
- It entails taking safe abortion pills orally (sometimes vaginally) to induce an abortion and naturally empty the uterine contents.
- Doctors recommend medications such as Mifepristone and Misoprostol for safe abortions. The hormone progesterone is secreted in pregnant women, necessary for developing the foetus.
- Mifepristone is an anti-progestin medication that inhibits foetal development by blocking progesterone action.
- The second tablet, Misoprostol, is given after Mifepristone to induce uterine contractions, which may also result in the discharge of all uterine material.
- Your gynecologist will prescribe the pills after completing the necessary medical exams. You should only use prescribed abortion pills. Budget Fertility Centre is a reputed government-approved abortion centre in Mumbai for safe pregnancy termination. We carry out all procedures under an expert’s supervision.
2. Surgical abortion:
It entails terminating a pregnancy under anesthesia using transcervical methods such as vacuum aspiration, dilatation, and evacuation up to 20 weeks of pregnancy.
- Vacuum Aspiration (VA):
It is a safe abortion method used to end pregnancies between 6 to 14 weeks. Vacuum aspiration is used when suction empties the uterus of unwanted gestation products. The procedure used when manually aspirating with a hand-held aspirator is known as manual vacuum aspiration (MVA) or manual suction evacuation (MSE).
It can also be done through Menstrual Regulation (MR). Electrical Vacuum Aspiration (EVA) is used when an electric pump produces suction in a suction device.
All surgical abortions requiring vacuum aspiration are performed under sterile conditions at Budget Fertility Centre. Vacuum aspiration abortion is a quick procedure that takes around 15 to 20 minutes.
- Dilation and Evacuation (D & E):
D&E abortion is a simple surgical abortion process. Doctors perform this procedure to terminate pregnancies from 14 to 20 weeks and up to 24 weeks in specific cases. The procedure takes less than 30 minutes and is performed under general anesthesia.
Because the technique involves surgical intervention, safety precautions must be taken. These procedures must be completed with extreme care and accuracy. Qualified personnel should only carry out such procedures in a certified abortion center in Mumbai.
How long does it take to recover from an abortion?
The time it takes to recover from an abortion differs from one woman to another. Women who have uncomplicated abortions in the first trimester usually recover after a few days. On the other hand, late-term abortions can take longer to recover from.
Let us now discuss the,
- Laboratory and Other Examinations Required Before Abortion
Based on individual risk factors, physical examination findings, and available resources, your doctor may recommend the following tests:
1. A pregnancy test is performed to confirm pregnancy.
2. A hemoglobin (Hb) test to rule out the possibility of anemia.
3. Rhesus (Rh)-testing, where Rh-immunoglobulin can be obtained for Rh-negative women.
4. HIV testing
5. Other diagnostic tests, such as kidney or liver function tests, can be ordered based on the patient's medical history.
6. Ultrasound, if indicated, to confirm conception date or pregnancy location.
Now, let's know,
How much is the Cost of Abortion in Mumbai?
Medical abortions cost between Rs. 5,000 and Rs. 15,000 in Mumbai. Whereas surgical abortion cost ranges from Rs. 10,000 and Rs. 20,000. Verify that the abortion is performed in a trustable health care facility under the supervision of a registered gynecologist.
A hospital or abortion center in Mumbai will be the safest choice, so don't compromise on the gynecologist's credentials or the facility's integrity to save a few bucks. If you require any gynecological assistance, please feel free to contact us