Women nowadays prefer having children later in life, but with their biological clock ticking, they have limited time. Previously, they had their first child in their early 20s, but they now wait longer to start their family for various reasons.
It becomes more difficult to conceive as fertility declines as you grow older. By the late 40s or early 50s, most women start with menopause. Fortunately, egg freezing, also known as oocyte cryopreservation, offers the hope of getting pregnant at a later stage.
That’s why many women opt for egg freezing in Mumbai, as it helps them preserve their fertility and gives them the freedom to start a family when they are ready.
Our premier IVF centre in Mumbai, Budget Fertility Centre is at the forefront of offering comprehensive and advanced treatment for infertility, endometriosis, PCOD, fibroids, amenorrhea, etc. We are known to provide one of the best egg-freezing in Mumbai at a cost-effective price.
Our ultra-modern facility is fitted with world-class medical technology and equipment to help our team of highly qualified and experienced gynecologists delivers excellent treatments with consistent and outstanding results.
If you are considering freezing your eggs, you can visit our centre to know more about the process and whether it is the right option. We have some of the best gynecologist in Mumbai who are experts in fertility preservation techniques.
First, let’s understand what egg freezing is?
As women age, their fertility declines. The quality of her eggs decreases, making it difficult for her to conceive. But with egg freezing, she has the opportunity to delay her pregnancy and have kids in the future.
This advanced fertility-preserving technique involves freezing the unfertilized eggs collected from your ovaries and storing them for later use. Then with the help of IVF, you can conceive when you are ready to have a kid.
The carefully thawed eggs are mixed with the sperm, and the resultant embryo is transferred to your uterus.
Egg freezing, unlike embryo cryopreservation, does not require a male partner or even a sperm donor because the eggs are unfertilized before being frozen. For women who are not currently planning a pregnancy but want to be sure of their ability to conceive or have a biological child in the future, egg freezing is a beneficial procedure.
Who should opt for egg freezing?
At Budget Fertility Centre, we recommend egg freezing in Mumbai to:
- Women who wish to preserve their healthy eggs at a younger age so that they have an option when they want to conceive in the future.
- Women having medical conditions that can affect their fertility, such as autoimmune diseases, sickle cell anemia, etc.
- Women undergoing cancer treatment like radiation and chemotherapy. These treatments can impact your fertility. But freezing your eggs before starting the treatment may help you have a biological child later.
- Women who want to focus on their education or career and prefer having children at a later age.
Are there any risks involved with egg freezing?
Egg freezing is a safe procedure, but there are a few risks that you should be aware of, such as:
- Complications due to fertility drugs: In rare cases, fertility drugs used for egg stimulation can cause ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome. This condition can result in abdominal pain, diarrhea, vomiting, and bloating.
- Risk during egg retrieval: It is very uncommon that the aspirating needle used for the egg retrieval process can cause bowel damage, bleeding, damage to the blood vessels, and infection.
- Emotional risks: There is no guarantee that you will conceive with frozen eggs. Further, there is a chance of miscarriage, which is mainly related to your age when you freeze your eggs. The rate of miscarriages is higher in older women due to lower quality eggs.
What is the procedure for egg freezing?
Women undergoing egg freezing in Mumbai at Budget Fertility Centre have to undergo a few tests prior to the procedure.
It includes ovarian reserve testing to check the quality and quantity of the eggs. This test also helps predict how the ovaries will respond to fertility drugs. Apart from this, the woman is screened for infectious diseases.
Step by step egg freezing procedure
Step 1 – Ovulation Induction
To help you produce multiple eggs, our gynecologist will give injectable hormone medicines to stimulate the ovaries. This process is similar to IVF.
With the help of regular blood tests and ultrasounds, our doctor will monitor the progress. The process of ovarian stimulation takes around 10 to 12 days.
Step 2 - Egg Retrieval
Our gynecologist will harvest the eggs using transvaginal ultrasound aspiration once the eggs mature. They will insert a fine needle through the vagina and remove the eggs with the help of a suction device.
It is a minor outpatient procedure that takes around 20 to 30 minutes.You will be sedated during the process.
Step 3 - Freezing
Before freezing the eggs, our gynecologist will check them under the microscope. Only the healthy ones will be cryopreserved. Budget Fertility Centre has gained prominence for offering one of the best egg-freezing in Mumbai. We cryopreserve the eggs using vitrification, using liquid nitrogen to freeze the eggs quickly.
This method prevents the formation of ice crystals.
After the procedure
You can resume your daily activities within a week of egg retrieval. However, to prevent unwanted pregnancy, do not have unprotected sex.
You should contact your doctor immediately if:
- You have severe vaginal bleeding
- Gaining around 2 pounds of weight within a day
- High fever
- Difficulty urinating
- Severe pain in the abdomen
What is the egg freezing cost in Mumbai?
The egg freezing cost in Mumbai at Budget Fertility Centre is reasonable. The price is inclusive of ovarian stimulation, egg retrieval, and freezing.
Some clinic takes lump sum money to store the eggs for 5 to 10 years. To know the exact charges, you can contact or visit our centre.
Why choose Budget Fertility Centre for egg freezing in Mumbai?
- Budget Fertility Centre is one of the leading clinics for top-notch fertility and gynecological treatments. We only provide treatments that are tried and tested and give positive outcomes.
- We have some of the finest gynecologist in Mumbai practicing here, namely Dr. Hrishikesh Pai, Dr. Rishma Dhillon Pai, and Dr. Rohan Palshetkar. These award-winning doctors have dedicated their lives to patient care and are constantly upgrading their services to offer exceptional treatments to their patients.
- We are one of the leading centres for egg freezing in Mumbai, having a 98% survival rate for freezing and thawing the eggs.