In her illustrious career, she has received several awards and achievements, some of which we have listed below:
Dr. Rishma Dhillon Pai
Qualifications: MD, FRCOG (UK), DNB, DGO, FCPS, FICOG
Experience: 29 years
Dr. Rishma Dhillon Pai is one of the leading gynaecologist in mumbai, having extensive training and experience in IVF, ICSI, endoscopy, and women’s health. She has done revolutionary work in the use of non-surgical MRI-guided focused ultrasound for fibroids treatment.
Her selfless work in the medical field has been appreciated by her peers and patients alike. She has been invited as a speaker at 400 national and international conferences all over the globe and has published 40 articles and 63 chapters in books. Also, Dr. Rishma Pai is the Vice President of the Mumbai Obstetric & Gynaecological Society. She is the only Indian to have served as President of all the three leading gynaecological, infertility and endoscopy organizations, The Federation of Obstetrics and Gynaecological Societies of India (FOGSI), an organization of 35000 gynaecologists from India.
She has trained in endoscopy, IVF and ICSI at Antwerp, Belgium. She has also trained in egg and embryo freezing at the world’s biggest IVF centre in Japan. She also worked actively for the Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan (PMSMA), launched by the ministry of health and family welfare, Government of India.
Dr. Rishma Pai is an honorary consultant Gynaecologist at the Lilavati, Jaslok and Hinduja Health Care Hospitals, Mumbai. She has been in private practice since 29 years. Dr. Rishma Dhillon Pai is the Director of the Pai’s Family Welfare Hospital, which is one of the oldest Family Planning Centres of India. She has done pioneering work in the use of non-surgical MRI guided focused ultrasound for the management of fibroids. She also has the distinction of having delivered a 60 year old woman, one of the oldest patients in India.
Awards and Recognitions
- She was awarded the ‘Fellowship Honoris Causa’ of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, FRCOG, London UK, 2018.
- She is the first Indian Board Member of the World Endometriosis Society.
- Awarded ‘Icon in Obstetrics, Gynecology and Infertility’ by Midday Health Wellness, 2018.
- She was awarded the Newsmakers Best Doctor award,
- Award For Distinguished Alumni, Awarded By Jaihind College, Mumbai.-2009
- Distinction In Anatomy, Bombay University.-1983
- Distinction In Biochemistry, Bombay University.-1983
- Distinction In Forensic Medicine, Bombay University.-1985
- Distinction In Microbiology, Bombay University.-1985
- Distinction In Physiology, Bombay University-1983
- Navshakti Sanman Sandhya Award-2009
- Prize For Best Paper On Breech Presentation At The MOGS Conference.-1989
- Prize For Best Paper On Medical Termination Of Pregnancy At The All India Conference.-2003
- Prize For The Best Thesis Entitled How To Promote IUCD In Villages Held By The Bombay Obstetrics & Gynecological Society (MOGS).-1988